Last Updated: 10/20/20
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to non-SafeSite websites and mobile properties and applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
Some of the Services include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes:
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is collected automatically. This includes:
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Services.
How We Use and Protect Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
How We Secure the Information We Collect From or About You
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Your Information
Additional Information About our Data Collection and Sharing Practices
Use and Sharing of Aggregated Data
We may use and share aggregated or de-identified data, at our discretion. We may use such data for various purposes, including to perform broader analysis to detect systemic issues for public interest in the area of public health and to test and improve our Services for product development. Companies who may receive such aggregated or de-identified data, such as analytics companies, will not be able to relate this data to identifiable individuals.
Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization
We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Cross-border Transfer of Data
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data.
Sharing of Medical or Health Information
To the extent that we receive protected health information about you, that information is subject to electronic disclosure to the extent permitted or required by applicable law or as authorized by you.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter, or email us at email@example.com we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. At this time, SafeSite does not engage in such sales. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes here, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
26660 Agoura Rd.
Calabasas, CA 91302
1. Description. The COVID-19 Test is performed by SafeSite LLC (“SafeSite”). SafeSite is certified to perform testing under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988( “CLIA”) and applicable state law, when required. SafeSite LLC performs COVID-19 testing pursuant to the order of an authorized practitioner using tests developed by independent third parties pursuant to the Food & Drug Administration (“FDA”) Immediately in Effect Guidance for Clinical Laboratories, Commercial Manufacturers, and Food and Drug Administration Staff: Policy for Diagnostic Tests for Coronavirus Disease-2019 during the Public Health Emergency during the Public Health Emergency and that have received FDA Emergency Use Authorizations (EUA). The practitioner ordering the COVID-19 tests may have a contractual relationship with SafeSite, with your Employer or may have an independent relationship with you.
2. Intended Purpose. The COVID-19 Test is a nucleic acid amplification test designed to detect the genetic material of the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) virus in a sample from your respiratory system and to meet the EUA statutory standard for COVID-19 testing. Your Employer is seeking to make the COVID-19 Test available to its personnel during the COVID-19 public health emergency and [insert description of the event/production] as one measure to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 to Employer’s workforce.
3. Explanation of Test Results. The COVID-19 Test results will indicate as positive, negative or inconclusive. I have had an opportunity to review the FACT SHEET FOR PATIENTS attached to this Patient Informed Consent. I further understand that I have the opportunity to ask questions regarding the purpose, reliability, limitations, and risks and benefits of the COVID-19 Test I understand that while the testing offered by SafeSite may help diagnose COVID-19, I understand that it does not constitute medical care or treatment and that I should consult either the practitioner who ordered the test or my usual healthcare provider after receiving my COVID-19 Test results to help me evaluate treatment and care options.
4. Payment for the COVID-19 Test. I understand that (a) my Employer will pay SafeSite for my COVID-19 Test but will not bill insurance on my behalf for the provision of the lab test (b) SafeSite will not bill my insurance for the COVID-19 test, (c) there will be no patient copayment responsibility for the COVID-19 test, and (d) any charges associated with the COVID-19 Test will not be applied to any deductible, co-insurance or copayment obligation I may otherwise have.
5. Consent to Collection and Authorized Use of My Test Sample. I hereby agree to have my lab sample collected by SafeSite personnel and submitted to SafeSite for the sole purpose of performing and reporting the COVID-19 Test. No other tests will be performed on my sample.
6. Consent and Authorized Release of my COVID-19 Test Results. I hereby request and authorize SafeSite to disclose and make available to me in secure, electronic format the results of my COVID-19 test. I understand these results will also be made available to the practitioner who ordered the test, my Employer (if I so authorize pursuant to a separate authorization), and anyone otherwise authorized to receive the test results. I also consent and authorize SafeSite to release my COVID-19 Test results to the applicable public health authority(ies) as required by law.
7. Benefits and Risks of Consenting to the COVID-19 Test Results. SEE FACT SHEET FOR PATIENTS attached to this Patient Informed Consent. I understand that the tests administered by SafeSite may be tests that have been made available by the FDA under an emergency use authorization (“EUA”) in light of the current public health pandemic without going through the same type of review as an FDA-approved or cleared in-vitro diagnostic test. I understand the inherent limitations of the EUA recognition process and I am choosing to have SafeSite perform this COVID-10 testing anyway. Pandemic Contagion Risk. I understand that while the COVID-19 testing offered by SafeSite is intended to be a tool to help my Employer and me mitigate and address health and safety concerns, I understand that such testing has an inherent false positive and false negative rate and will not definitively determine whether or not I am positive for COVID-19.
8. I acknowledge that I have received and read or had read to me the above information about the COVID-19-Test, including the purposes and possible risks and lack of reliability of the results. I understand the information provided to me and have had the opportunity to ask questions. I have all the information I want and need and all my questions have been answered. I hereby authorize SafeSite to collect a specimen from me and perform a COVID-19 test on it. I further authorize SafeSite to report my COVID-19 Test results to (a) the practitioner who ordered the test, (b) my Employer (if I separately authorize), (c) the applicable public health authority(ies), as required by law, (d) anyone otherwise authorized to receive the test results and (e) me.